Top 5 Books...

12:45 AM

I didn't read in 2013 but have committed to read in 2014!

I was a very bad reader this year. I read one book. I'm not even kidding. It was This Side of Paradise by Fitzgerald and it was lovely and sad. See, I'm a law student and we generally do a lot of reading already, so by the time I have a free minute, I generally don't pick up books and when I do I take a million years to finish them because most of my time is spent on non-fiction-non-hobby books. But I will change this in 2014 and I have committed to reading at least the following 5 books, that I already have in my room but they have never been opened. I mean, 5 is a really good number, it's realistic and it's possible. Is it less than I wish I was reading? Yes. But at least it's manageable in the little amount of spare time I do have.

5. The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling

I've been avoiding this book for a while. I'm a Harry Potter fanatic and I'm scared of what this book will bring and if it'll make me realize Rowling is only an average writer and not the genius my younger self made her to be. I'm gonna have to bring on the courage to give this one a try.

4. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

This seems like a great and depressing young adult novel. Which is basically why I have postponed it so much. But forget that, I'm ready for another depressing story. I've read Perks long enough ago, I've grieved it, I've cried about it, I'm happy I have read it. I want another one of those experiences. I hope this one takes me on that journey.

3. The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett

Classic. Magical. I want it.

2. The absolutist - John Boyne

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas hit me like not many other books. So I bought another one from the same author without many second thoughts. From what I've read it's both about war and relationships, both subjects that make incredibly interesting stories, in my opinion. I haven't heard anyone talking about this one yet, but I've bought it out of trust on the author (and also because the cover of my version is really pretty don't judge me).

1. A Moveable Feast - Hemingway

This is the only one I don't own already. But I've heard wonders and I have yet to venture through Hemingway's writings. I want to start by this one since it's a dear friend's favorite.

Bonus points: The Lost Girls - Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett and Amanda Pressner

This seems to be a lighthearted one about friendship and traveling. My mom gave me this for my birthday a while ago and I never got to reading it. I feel like it will be the perfect get-your-mind-off-everything book, so when I have some chill time, I shall go for this one!

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images